Pedare Christian College
2-30 Surrey Farm Drive
Golden Grove sA 5125
Tel: 08 8280 1700
Fax: 08 8289 2677
Email: pedare@pedarecc. sa.edu.au
Website: www.pedarecc. sa.edu.au
Religious Affiliation: Anglican Uniting ChurchInternational Baccalaureate: Yes
Learning Extension: Yes
International Students: Yes
• History of academic success. 20% of Pedare students were in the top 10% statewide in the 2012 SACE. • Overall students results are consistently well above national and state averages. • Strong and effective Vocational Education & Training (VET) programme. • Involvement and achievement are recognised and celebrated. • Single-grade classes at the Junior School - no composite classes. • Senior students have access to additional subject offerings through the unique shared complex and Trade Training Centre on site.
Pastoral Care - Values-Rich Community
• Pedare encourages and fosters partnerships with you and your child/ren. • Strong Community System - pastoral programme to develop students’ potential and promote social emotional and behavioural well-being. • Focus on student leadership opportunities along with leadership training and development. • Full time Chaplain. • Defence Transition Mentor for the Middle & Senior Schools.
Bring Your Own Device / eLearning Initiative
• Each student in Years 6-12 uses their own interactive mobile device to enhance learning both at the College and at home and for ‘learning anywhere anytime’. • This is a progressive move with Pedare as an innovator in eLearning. • BYOD gives Pedare students a leading-edge in regards to access and skills in the latest technology. • eLearning enables teachers to use this technology to interact and engage with students. • It encourages higher-order thinking skills and improves learning outcomes.
International Baccalaureate Middle Years Programme (Years 6-9)
• Pedare is the only school in the area with this international standard of education. • Academic challenge that encourages students to embrace and understand the connections between traditional subjects and the real world. • Enables students to find a sense of belonging in an ever-changing and increasingly complex world. • Fosters a positive attitude to learning and provides excellent foundations for success in SACE.
Many Opportunities Outside the Curriculum
• Diverse and extensive range of extra curricular opportunities including sport music pedal Prix eco Force environmental club and more.
• Call us today to arrange a personal tour for a day and time that suits you. • Group tours throughout the year on a variety of days/times and also on weekends. EnrolmentPlease visit the Pedare website for further information to view the prospectus and download the enrolment form. The Community Relations Manager julie Holland can assist you with any enquiries. Julie can be contacted on 8280 1700 or email registrar@pedarecc. sa.edu.au
Why Choose Pedare?
Free no obligation 'Try Pedare for a Day' for your child/ren.
Mainstream R-12 coeducational Anglican & Uniting Church School.
Open to all students regardless of religious affiliation.
Supporting enrolment from families who qualify for school card.
Generous sibling discounts.
A dedicated Community Relations Manager to assist you and your child from your first enquiry right through to graduation and on to the 'Pedare Old Scholars'.
Strong Bullying/Harassment policy and program.
Junior School Out of School Hours Care.
Middle and Senior Schools extended care until 5 pm for the benefit of working parents.