Fairholme College Toowoomba
40 Wirra Wirra Street
Tel: 07 4688 4688
Religious Affiliation: Presbyterian
International Students: Yes
Early Learning: Yes
Learning Extension: Yes
Excellence in Education
Fairholme College has been a provider of quality Girls' education for more than a century. Fairholme College students are encouraged to produce their personal best in all areas of school life in a nurturing and stimulating environment based upon traditional values. Each child is known and recognised as a unique individual and self-esteem is enhanced through the sharing and applauding of their successes. Fairholme College enjoys an outstanding reputation as a very strong academic school. A large number of Year 12 students proceed to tertiary studies with the rest on international exchanges or in full-time employment.
At Fairholme College everything we do proceeds from the Christian premise that each person is unique and valuable to God and to us. Our pastoral care program is an expression of Fairholme College's commitment to the traditional values of respect for self and others as well as a dedication to the development of honesty integrity and a high standard of personal demeanour.
Rich Co-Curricular Program
The diverse and vigorous co-curricular program at Fairholme College which is managed by teachers and professional coaches covers cultural sporting and service activities including:
· College orchestras concert and stage bands jazz group instrumental and vocal ensembles choirs music tuition in voice strings including guitar brass woodwind percussion piano theory and musicianship.
· Drama activities with opportunities for performance lighting technology costume design and stage management.
· Musical Productions including all aspects of performance sound lighting and backstage crew work.
· Inter and intra-school debating and public speaking including Apex and Queensland Debating Union competition and Rostrum jaycees britain-Australia Society lions and Quota contests.
· After school programme in speech and drama tuition working towards certification from Trinity speech in Action a. M. E. B.
· Arts Festival with keen interhouse competitions in music drama dance art debating and public speaking.
· Comprehensive programme of sporting participation in: athletics ball games basketball cross country equestrian gymnastics Hockey indoor cricket netball soccer softball squash swimming tennis touch volleyball and water polo.
· A commitment to community service through a large and very active Interact Club which organises activities such as Red Shield Appeal and Endeavor Doorknocks charity free dress days and support to various community events. Signature Service activities coordinated specifically for Year 11 and 12 students include: Sony camp operation Christmas Child boarder Service Committee ecoservice Tour and the Discovery Tour to Mizpah Orphanage southern India.
Sports at Fairholme
Sport is an integral part of life at Fairholme College with the emphasis being on enjoyment participation and sport etiquette. A wide variety of sporting activities are offered in both competitive and non-competitive environments. The College is recognised as one of the leading physical activity providers in Australia with Olympians such as such as Liz Hepple cathy Freeman and Danielle Leisch developing their skills whilst attending Fairholme College.
At Fairholme College we acknowledge the difficult decision involved in sending your daughter to boarding school and pride ourselves on providing a friendly supportive and understanding environment. By creating a safe and caring environment for our 240 boarders - comfortable and relaxed Yet stimulating surroundings where girls can grow and learn - we aim to provide a home away from home.
You are welcome to contact the school to arrange a personal tour or telephone us to find out about our next Open Day.